Routine dental care in
Why bother with check-ups?
Your smile is the first thing people notice about you – so looking after it now could save you a lot of money in the future. Even if your teeth look fine and you don’t feel any pain, regular check-ups are a must. It means we can catch tooth decay and gum disease in their tracks, long before they do the kind of damage that can impact on your overall health and wellbeing. At Killane Dental Care, we recommend visiting us twice a year for dental check-ups. We greet all our patients with a warm welcome in our bright, comfortable waiting area, before carrying out a thorough assessment of your whole mouth, including teeth, gums, tongue and other soft tissues. We also run an evaluation of the temperomandibular joint (including special tests such as x-rays). Fees and details of any treatment you require will always be clearly explained, and we will never proceed unless you feel completely confident in our care.
Getting a filling in Dún Laoghaire
Fast and pain-free, getting a filling is nothing to be afraid of nowadays. There is also a lot more choice than there used to be – so at Killane Dental Care, we can find the best filling option to suit your needs and budget. As well as providing cost-effective amalgam, or metal, fillings, we also offer cosmetic tooth-coloured fillings – which are indiscernible from your natural teeth. Whichever you choose, you can rest assured that you’ll be in experienced and caring hands at Killane Dental Care.
What does a check-up with your Dún Laoghaire dentist involve?
- Professional examination of your mouth, teeth and gums
- Enquiries about you, your general health and any specific dental problems you may have experienced recently
- Enquiries about your lifestyle and advice on diet, alcohol and smoking
- Advice on good cleaning practices and ways to keep your mouth, teeth and gums healthy
- Diagnosis of any problems and explaining a treatment plan
- A clear explanation of any treatment you may require, the costs involved and any risk it may incur
- A mouth cancer screening, to check for early signs or pre-cancerous changes in the mouth and throat
- Advice on your next course of action and booking a return appointment
The best dentist I’ve been to. And I’ve been to plenty 🙂PP
Amazing dentist. Very understanding, made me feel at ease at all times.LB
I have attended with family members on several occasions and I am very happy with the treatment received from Dr Killane. He's a lovely man and is very professional and caring.
Dr. Robert had operating hours that could accommodate me, so I went to him for a check-up and a filling. I’m not sure I saw a price beforehand, but I was quoted at the appointment. Everything went well and I didn’t need to go back for any follow-ups.BI
Killane Dental is a lovely, tastefully decorated clinic. Everyone – including the receptionist – was really friendly. I’ve no complaints about my experience.GI